0.5.0 - The End Is Extremely Nigh
JUN 3 @ 5:03PM - >:3 GARY
So here we are at 0.5.0 ! It's been a long time coming, but now the game is finally fully completable - we're very excited for you to see what is in store at the endgame!
There is now a final boss fight culminating with multiple possible endings. Can you save the city or will it end in the destruction of every living thing in New Babel?
Additions and Optimizations
- Lots of new optimizations to the smoke simulation in game. Various exploding, burning, and mechanical items have pretty smoke. Player muzzle flashes can now produce variable amounts of smoke; shotgun and rifle muzzle flashes consistently produce the most smoke.
- Bigger, animated phone activator icon should now be more obvious and also has a brief opening animation when you hover over it.
- Multiple touch ups to the New Game intro cinematic
- New Level \\REDACTED\\, experience the fun and excitement in \\REDACTED\\ if you can reach it.
- New music to go along with the \\REDACTED\\ level. Listen Now Here-------------> Incognito
- Completely new intro cutscene when starting a new game.
- Functional credits now roll at the end of a game.
- Time now serves to scale up enemy count as well as the block condition. MORE DUDES.
- New work in progress ending cinematics for the various endings that are possible.
- Fairly large change to armor system maths. Armor now starts off taking 5% more damage from all enemy attacks, but the impact that increases in armor value have on it's durability should be considerably more pronounced; now you should be able to build a tank proper.
- Player block now mitigates a flat 15% of the damage taken to the armor before any other calculations are made, improving player durability during even non-perfect blocks.
- Enemies now take a stamina penalty for having their melee attack/hacking attack against you blocked, meaning that you can essentially knock out some of the weaker melee fighters just by repeatedly parrying them, making their spammed attacks hopefully less of a problem in close range.
- More sound variety to various objects. Screens no longer make computer noises, and now have their own set of VHS sounds. AC units no longer sound like transformers and have their own set of noises. Computer monitors and towers make 80s/90s computer clicking noises.
- Beefier swoosh noises, given to several characters with heavier melee moves.
- End call button now has a response to the pointer both visually and aurally. If the other line hangs up on you, you get a dial tone. Hanging up yourself results in a phone hangup noise.
- New Tape Reel and Server Monitor cover objects as well as light bar objects.
- Interacting with brainjack locks now imparts a slight amount of screen interference.
- Map screen sidebar now flashes view switch button when over a block with a crime.
- Crime grid now responds to the player pointer.
- Fixed the mouse position desync issue found in the buy menu.
- Enemies should no longer be confused and have to regain their targets if an attack may have killed the player but was blocked (e.g. perfect block of 'lethal' attack).
- A series of small adjustments to death alarms and death scripts to ensure that player character won't get stuck in hacking mode if 'killed' right before a hack is completed.
We have been asked about a roadmap for the future of miniLAW. While we don't have an exact timeline for the rest of this content, we are shooting for full release this year! The final stretch roadmap includes:
Revamped Tutorial - The tutorial we currently have is very combat and movement focused, and while that is a huge part of the game still the scope has dramatically expanded since it was designed. We will be revamping the tutorial to cover and explain more aspects of the game, and try to streamline it to get you playing as quick as possible.
Multiple endings - While there are a few in there already, we've got some more plans! Stay tuned!
Cinematic Assets - To go along with these multiple endings we are working on several new sets of animated cinematics, as well as tuning up the ones we currently have.
Detailing - While the game is largely feature complete, we are still going to be adding quality of life and visual changes where applicable, whether that be UI tweaks, edits to dialogue and text, or new props in levels. We'll let you know in the future changelogs!
As always, click Follow to be notified of announcements like these! Also, check us out on social media. It always helps to have people like and share our social media content. If you're on Facebook or Twitter, look us up! :D
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.